Whenever I travel I carry a Homeopathic Emergency travel kit with me. In it are 50 remedies that are the most helpful in any emergency or acute condition that arises when I am away from home. I will not go over all of the remedies in the kit but I will share with you some ways to put your own kit together and why.
The thing about emergencies is that you never know when one will arise. So it is best to always be prepared, especially in this ever changing world we live in. Having only a little homeopathic knowlege and some basic remedies can make a huge difference in self care and the care of others. In most emergencies the very first thing to do is ask for help. This means offering a silent prayer for help from divine sources as well as calling for help from ambulance, fire or police.
In most emergencies these physical helpers may be out of reach or too busy helping others. It is then our responsibility to help ourselves and others and do the best we can. I believe any responsible person should take a CPR course and be learned in basic first aid. In addition to this, having some basic knowledge of homeopathy and how to use an emergency kit will make a huge difference in how we are able to provide help when necessary.
The kit I have was put together by a fellow student many years ago and still provides great service. It is packaged in a plastic case designed to hold .45 calibre ammunition. In it are divisions that are the perfect size for holding small vials of the remedy. This way the bottles are organized and protected. It is about 1 1/2″ tall and 3”x5″ in size. This small box fits in any bag I carry and if necessary will fit in the pocket of cargo type pants.
The pellets are the very smallest available and the small vials will hold countless doses. Remember that it is not the size or the quantity of pellets that matter. If the remedy has been potentized beyond the physical then it is pure energy and not a quantifiable thing. When this is the case the very smallest pellet is the same as the very largest pellets. Giving one or two pellets of the smallest size will do the job.
You can purchase vials and pellets from Hemkund Remedies Inc. and prepare your own kits in the miniature size. You can use the energy from a remedy of the larger pellet size and graft the energy to the new pellet. Do this by placing the large pellet of the remedy in a clean vial with some very clean water and a few drops of vodka. The energy will now be in the solution. You can then take this and on a very clean piece of white paper spread out the small blank pellets and wet them with the new remedy solution. Be sure to let them dry before placing them into the new, clean amber vial. During drying keep them in a room temperature place and out of direct sunlight. Do not dry them in the oven or microwave. Just let the excess evaporate off. Also do not do more than one remedy at a time. If you do you risk cross contamination of the energies. This process can be a little time-consuming but doing a remedy a day you will have your kit in a couple of months and t a far cheaper price and a better format than what is available from most pharmacies.
I store my remedy kit in a fabric covered lead-lined film bag. This is a high quality film protection bag that helps protect the sensitive energy of the remedies from X-ray or other radiations. I do not depend on the lead bag to protect the remedies from X-ray when travelling through security check points at airports because the X-ray used there is strong enough to penetrate the bag and possibly harm the remedies. I ALWAYS ask for a hand check. This performs two functions at the security checkpoint. It establishes my right to choose to protect my belongings and it educates the security person to homeopathy. They always ask questions which I gladly answer and am able to share about homeopathy with them. The next time a person comes through with remedies they are much less likely to give them a hassell. Once I passed the check point here in Reno, Nevada and the security person said,” Wow there must be some doctor here prescribing a lot of this medicine. I see these coming through a lot.” He was talking about me.
Here are a list of remedies that you should always have in your kit. Remember this is NOT a complete list of remedies and there are Homeopathic Pharmacies that have their own kits that they recommend. I support all of them. You may have remedies that have worked well for you that you would always want to have in your own kit. Be creative.
- Aconite 200C- For any emergency where there is a shock or sudden event. This could be from a car accident to getting bad news to falling down. Always remember Aconite
- Arnica 200c - The first remedy to think of in trauma of any sort but especially contussions and injuries from sprains and strains.
- Arsenicum Album 30C - For acute food poisoning and most influenza.
- Apis Mellifica 200C – For acute allergic reactions or anaphylactic shock. Insect bites and swellings that are hot and red.
- Belladonna 200C - Great for head injuries, sunstroke, fever.
- Bellis Perennis 30C- Injury to soft tissues, breast, stomach, testes.
- Bryonia 30C- Influenza. Appendicitis. Does not want to move. Thirsty
- Cactus Gradifloris 200C - Heart attack with the heart having a squeezed sensation.
- Calendula 30C - Cuts, abrasions, septic conditions, burns.
- Carbo Vegetablis 200C – Resuscitation after asphyxiation. Altitude sickness. Flatulence, food poisoning.
- Chamomilla 200C - Ear infection, throat inflammation teething children. Acute over-reaction to pain.
- Cocculus 30C- Travel sickness, motion sickness.
- Eupatorium Perfoliatum 30C – Bone pain. Broken bones. Flu that feels like the bones hurt.
- Euphrasia 30C – Eye injury. Eye irritation or allergies. Sneezing.
- Gelsemium 30C- Anxiety from anticipation. Dysentery. Labor pain.
- Hammemellis Virginica 30C- Bleeding and hemorrhage.
- Hypericum 200C – Any injury to nerves or nerve rich places, ends of fingers, toes, nose, ears, penis. Spinal injury, whiplash.
- Ignatia 200C – Acute grief from loss or bad news. Hysterical reactions.
- Lachesis 200C - Poisoning, choking, apparent death. Snake bites, sore throats especially left-sided. Bleeding.
- Ledum 30C - Puncture wounds, gunshot wounds. tetanus. Black eyes and after injury to the eye.
- Natrum Carbonicum 30C – Sunstroke and all digestive disorders.
- Natrum Sulphuricum 200C – Head injuries and asthma.
- Nux Vomica 30C- Hangover. Acute gastric distress. Nausea and vomiting. Food poisoning.
- Physostigma 30C – Eye injuries with pressure changes to the eye.
- Pulsatilla 30C – Ear and throat infections. Lots of mucous. Teething in children.
- Rhus Toxicodendron 30C – Influenza with body aches and restlessness. Sprains and strains. Injuries to bone, tendons, ligaments. Better for motion.
- Ruta Graveolens 30C – Injury to bone and ligaments. Sprains and strains. Injuries to the eye.
- Silica 30C – Removes foreign bodies, splinters, broken bone chips etc.
- Staphysagria 30C – Urinary tract infections. Cuts and incisions from surgeries. After humiliation or abuse. Rape.
- Symphytum 30C – Broken bones. Fractures. Contusion to the eye.
- Urtica Urens 30C - Burns, scalds. sunburn. Characteristic pins and needles feeling or stinging. Food poisoning. Ill effects of eating shellfish. Bites of insects and stings.
This is a partial list only. Look up each of these remedies and create your own small Materia Medica for each. Type this in a word document and shrink to fit one page. Then fold this to fit your box of remedies and use this as a quick guide to help you. The potencies were selected for the intensity of conditions that may warrant the use of the remedy. The 30C being acute and the 200C being a slightly stronger expression. I have found these potencies to be the most useful in any acute or emergency situation.
Study these remedies often and commit them to heart. Then in any emergency you will have the knowledge and the remedy to use in an instant. And remember to always ask for help.